Hello and welcome to the adventures of your everyday atheist! I stand for social justice and am completely pro-equality, but I strongly disagree with the tumblr-type social justice warrior bullshit. Also, my ask box is always open. No but really, it is open to anything and everything.
For a blog with less of a point, I have a personal account: thelifeandtimesof-amanda.tumblr.com
1. If there is NO God, then there is no Measurement or Standard for morality? Then What will define morality?
Ok God is not a measurement or standard for morality. You don’t need to have God talking in your ear to tell you murder is wrong. You can also read in the Bible that slavery is advocated for but still realize yourself that slavery is wrong. You define morality based on your critical-thinking skills of what is right and what is wrong. Society can base what is or isn’t moral for everyone by saying that everything is moral unless it negatively affects someone else. I mean, it’s way more complicated than that, but that’s a good start.
2. If there is NO God, then there is NO meaning or purpose to Life. So without a God, does life have purpose or meaning? Without God, does the Atheist have purpose?
God is also not the meaning of life. You can have lots of meaning and purpose to your life without God. Even if you are religious, you can admit that there are things in life which you find meaningful and purposeful that don’t relate to God. This is everything for the atheist.
Darwin used evolution to explain how animals adapt to change over time. We have extended it to find our roots and where we came from. This is not something we should apply to our social structure or have any moral applications. I don’t understand why atheism is “new” all of a sudden. I don’t support eugenics. We can’t force people to better themselves, we can only advocate for it.
4. If we are ancesoters/descendants of Apes, then why are there no transitional fossils or species to support this theory?
I don’t claim to know that much about evolution, but I do know that if there are in fact no transitional fossils or species to support this theory, there is other evidence. Scientists could not get away with this theory for this long. Scientists are always skeptical, of themselves, of each other.
5. Do you believe in Human Nature? It is Human Nature to believe in God, if so, why do you go against human nature and not believe in God?
What do you mean by human nature? That we, as humans, have a tendency to act a certain way? Sure. It is a good point that humans have always believed in some sort of God or gods throughout history. Just because something has always been a certain way, doesn’t mean it has to be this way forever. And that doesn’t mean it necessarily goes against human nature. Take slavery for instance.
6. Can ‘Something come from Nothing’? Doesn’t that violate The First Law of Thermodynamics?
Again, I don’t claim to know anything about the first law of thermodynamics. I’ll read about this when I have more time. I just wanted to answer these quickly and without doing research to show that atheism can be defended even by those who are not so educated.
If we are to argue that something cannot come from nothing, that applies to God as well.
7. It seems that a society of Atheist are immoral and self-destructing. Why would anyone want a Godless Society, just look at our examples: North Korea, Maoist China, Stalin, & Pot Pol?
There is a post going around about, I think it’s Sweden, and how it is 85% atheistic (more like atheist/agnostic/apathetic) and very successful and happy. There are good examples too. I don’t know much about the accuracy of these bad examples.
8. If you were to die, and you were before God. And he was getting ready to pass judgement on you, What would be your reaction or thoughts? What plea would you give him so he does not judge you harshly?
That depends on if God is a loving and non-controlling god. If so, I am not worried, as I have acted accordingly. I would pass judgement on him, and I would like a damn good explanation from him though…
9. What would convince you atheism is wrong? And that Christianity is Right?
If there were evidential, undeniable proof of God, and that Jesus did the things he claimed. I should also hope God would say the Bible is wrong and explain why. I also want an explanation for his cold callousness, lack of help, and reclusive nature.
10. Why are you an Atheist? Why do you NOT believe in God? Why do you reject God? (You can be as detailed as you want.)
I don’t believe in God because there is no proof and it seems very unlikely.
I added my answers above because I wanted to.